DAVID ERIK NELSON
“I love how good your words make me sound!”
Politicians, celebrities, the titans of industry—even military officers—keep a ghostwriter on staff.
Because they can’t write.
They’re not illiterate. Far from it: these are talented, highly educated, often incredibly gifted people. But like you, they’ve poured their waking hours into mastering their fields. Doing so has left no time for mastering my field.
As a result, they've achieved an enormous amount—but are unable to communicate that as clearly as they'd like.
Not everyone needs to pen a memoir, but all of us occasionally need to get the words just right. Now you can have a ghostwriter just when you need one.
small writing projects, custom-crafted quickly
- Business letters, cover letters (with résumé consultation), and emails
- Press releases, media statements, and other announcements (e.g., annual “Letter from the CEO”, etc.)
- Speeches and presentations
- Tactical love notes, personal correspondence, “from the CEO” holiday greetings
- Trade-journal articles
- Opinion pieces and editorials
- “Thought-leadership” blogging (for LinkedIn, company blogs, etc.)
- Brief bios (for “about us” web pages, LinkedIn, social media, public and conference appearances, etc.)
The Ghostwriting Process
- Free Initial Consultation—we’ll determine the scope of your project, and if it looks like a good fit, we move on to
- Collaborate via phone/Skype/G+ Hangout (email or chat are possible, but speaking directly—without a keyboard separating me from your authentic voice—is best)
- Quick Turnaround—for many simple projects, if we talk on a Monday you’ll have finished copy in hand that same week
- Easy payment: PayPal or credit card accepted, half up front (based on estimate), the balance on delivery
- No staff, no retainer: We’ll work together on a per-project basis; drop me a line when you need something written, don’t worry about me when you don’t
- Your authentic voice: Material is drafted not just to your specifications, but also to your voice
- Write ’til it’s Right guarantee: We keep revising until we’ve hit the mark
- Simple Pricing: No recurrent fees, no up-charge for revisions
- Includes “Business Therapy”: Most Bold Words clients walk away from our conversation with a clearer vision of their business, task, or path forward
$1 per word of finished copy
The biggest difference, compared to other writers that I’ve used before, is the amount of research that Dave puts in, and his genuine interest in whatever he’s writing about.…Dave caught the little details. That’s because he spent the time either asking the questions—and not letting me off the hook with one or two word answers—or researching it himself. That’s probably the biggest difference that I’ve seen working with Dave: His work is a lot more in-depth than most people’s.
—Jim Richards,CEO, Total Security Solutions
Crain’s Detroit Business 40 under 40, 2015
Michigan 50 Companies to Watch, 2012
Inc. 5000, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Award-winning author and essayist
- 7+ years ghostwriting press releases, “thought leadership” pieces, trade articles, and more
- More than a decade spent working as a commercial writer, journalist, editor, and copyeditor
- Experience collaborating with non-native English speakers, academics, researchers, and engineers
- I write ’til it’s right—no up-charge for multiple revisions
DAVID ERIK NELSON’S